For many people, hearing loss is a natural and gradual part of the aging process. Hearing loss can also be caused by genetic medical conditions, ear infections, illness, traumatic injury or prolonged exposure to noise.
Signs of Hearing Loss:
If you suspect you are experiencing hearing loss, consider these questions:
· Do you often ask others to repeat themselves?
· Do you turn up the TV or radio louder than others prefer?
· Is it particularly difficult to understand conversation when there is background noise?
· Does it often seem as though others are mumbling when they speak to you?
· Do you have difficulty following group conversations?
· Do you find it difficult to identify from which directions sounds are coming?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may have a hearing loss. It is extremely important that you schedule a hearing test and speak with an Audiologist, who can help you determine the type and degree of your hearing loss and what course of action you can take.
Hearing aids provide many benefits to individuals with hearing loss.
Hearing assistive technology has undergone huge advances, providing sophisticated hearing solutions that meet the demands of active lifestyles. Today’s hearing aids are much smaller (some virtually invisible) and some are capable of integrating with other technologies, such as Bluetooth enabled cell phones and MP3 players.
There are many different styles of hearing aids available. If it is found that you would benefit from a hearing device, our Clinical Audiologist will consult with you to select the hearing aid that best suits your lifestyle and hearing needs.
As an official provider for Medicard, we are able to assist with hearing aid financing, if needed. We also have third-party insurance coverage for a variety of providers.